The benefits to having quality windows are endless. Windows maintain the temperature in your home, keeping the cold out in the winter and the heat out in the summer. It is important to have well sealed, efficient, and double paned glass window custom made for your home.
10 Reasons to Replace Your Windows
Energy Efficient Windows : Savings
1. Rebates from the Government and utility companies are given for new, energy efficient windows. Rebates are often given for homes that purchase new energy efficient windows. For more information, you can contact your local energy company or window dealer to obtain specific details on these energy incentives. These incentives could save you hundreds per year.
2. Utility bills become less expensive with good quality windows. Quality windows ensure that the home uses less gas to heat the home. This commonly results in a noticeable reduction in your monthly utility bills. Imagine the money that will be saved each month and at the end of the year! When you add up the savings, the new windows will essentially pay for themselves.
3. Cracked and broken windows are dangerous. Cracked and broken become even more dangerous once winter arrives, as the glass becomes brittle and cold. If you have children in the home, they are in great danger if they play or sleep in a room with old windows. Further concerns are the drafts that old windows cause, as well as the potential illnesses these drafts can cause your family members.
4. Environmentally friendly. Windows that are energy efficient use less oil and natural gas, which is most often used to heat homes. Using less oil and natural gas decreases green house gases emitted into the environment.
5. Dangerous materials. Old windows may contain lead paint, which is dangerous for children and adults alike. Upgrading not only reduces bills and increases the aesthetics of a home, but it may also protect your health.
Replace Windows vs Old Windows
6. Inefficient windows leak. Leaking windows allow water to come into the home, both in front and behind the walls. Mold is a dangerous by product of moisture entering the home, and it can be detrimental to your family's health and the resale value of your home.
7. Single paned. Old windows are commonly single paned. Double paned windows lock out more moisture and cold than old, single paned windows. These old windows have a tendency to freeze open or shut, and they feel icy to the touch. In addition, they are known to develop frost on the inside of the window, increasing the chances of breakage, which causes damage to the home.
8. Old sealing. Old sealing could let in moisture and lead to mold-putting your family and your home in danger. Mold spoors get in the air and can spread quickly throughout your entire home, and it has the potential to be life threatening.
Inexpensive Vinyl Windows
9. Never a better time to buy New windows are on sale, at a price that can't be beat! Some dealers offer rebates make new windows nearly impossible to resist! Many dealers not only offer great deals on the windows themselves, but on installation as well.
10. Aesthetically pleasing. Whether you are renovating or painting the outside of your home, windows instantly perk up the aesthetics of your house.
Whatever the reason, new windows offer countless benefits like enhancing the safety, security and overall health of your home. New windows will also increase the value of the home and assist in obtaining a higher resale value, which is critical in today’s real estate market.
You'll be amazed at how easy Slocomb windows and doors are to clean. Also, they require practically no maintenance. Use any window cleaner to clean the glass surface of Slocomb products that don't incorporate our High Performance Glass Guard option. Premium-quality Slocomb vinyl comes clean with any mild detergent or simply soapy water.
To clean exterior glass surfaces of your Slocomb window or door that has been coated with High Performance Glass Guard, simply rinse with warm water and wipe dry with a soft cloth. Do not use cleaners containing ammonia or abrasive cleaners on products with High Performance Glass Guard.
Slocomb products typically require no lubrication. In rare cases where conditions do require lubrication of metallic parts, Slocomb recommends that you use light machine oil sparingly.
Download our Cleaning Instructions
Have a Question? Visit our Support Page
Website Designed by John Robinson Design